1. Information We Collect.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. Starz collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit in various contexts including, but not limited to: (1) the registration or account creation process for the Services; (2) the registration process for sweepstakes, contests, Features and other promotions offered via the Services and Sites; (3) your participation in online research surveys offered on the Services, Sites and Features; (4) the process of reporting a problem with our Services, Sites and Features and resolving customer service activities (including via email and chat), and (5) in connection with content submissions, voting and polling activities. Such personally identifiable information may include, without limitation, name, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
b. Non-personally Identifiable Information.
(i) Usage Information. When you visit the Services, Sites and Features, Starz may also collect non-personally identifiable information. Starz may automatically collect information that describes how you use the Services, Sites and Features and the technology you are using to access the Services, Sites and Features ("Usage Information"). Additionally, we may collect your IP address or device identifier ("Device ID" ). A Device ID is a unique number assigned to the device(s) or network you use to access the Services, Sites and Features. If we associate Usage Information with your Device ID we will treat such information as personally identifiable information.
(ii) Cookies. Cookies are small information files that our Services, Sites and Features may place on your computer or other device. Cookies by themselves do not provide Starz with personally identifiable information. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in a cookie. In many instances you can turn off cookies in your web browser (see your browser's manual or help file for instructions), but if you do turn off cookies you may not be able to access parts of the Services, Sites and Features where cookies are used.
(iii) Embedded Scripts/Web Beacons. An embedded script is programming code used to collect information about how you interact with the Services, Sites and Features. The embedded script is temporarily downloaded onto your device from a Starz or third party web server and is active only while you are connected to the Services, Sites and Features. A web beacon is a small graphic image or programming code that may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect.
b. Non-personally Identifiable Information. We use Device IDs, Usage Information, cookies and web beacons for a variety of internal purposes, such as system administration and counting visitors, tracking views, email "opens" and monitoring how users navigate the Services, Sites and Features.
3. How To Update Your Personal Information. We will use reasonable efforts to allow you to update or correct personally identifiable information, to the extent that changing the data will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete your personally identifiable information from our database. However, it may be impossible to delete all of your information without some residual data because of backups and records of deletions. You can access and update the personally identifiable information that you have provided in connection with the Services, Sites and Features by visiting the My Account tool available within the Services. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any personally identifiable information.
5. Policies for Individuals Under the Age of 13. Starz does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information submitted to the Service, Sites and/or Features from individuals under the age of 13, except in order to respond on a one-time basis to a specific request for information. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, you can ask us to remove your child's information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon notice from you, Starz will make reasonable efforts to investigate and remove the information. Please include in your message the same user name and/or e-mail address and password that your child submitted.
7. Starz Security Policy. Starz is aware of your privacy concerns and strives to collect only as much data as is required to make your use of the Services, Sites and Features as efficient and satisfying as possible, in the most unobtrusive manner as possible. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that whatever information you provide will be maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products or services, and you provide such information at your own risk.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WILL STARZ, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIATIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SERVICES, SITES, CONTENT OR FEATURES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, LOST PROFIT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR ARE RELATED TO THE COLLECTION OR USE OF INFORMATION FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SITES, CONTENT OR FEATURES; OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT LIMITED TO AN EVENT OF FORCE MAJEURE. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABLITY WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
UPDATED MAY 20, 2013 AND EFFECTIVE AS OF THE DATE OF POSTED.